Lower Secondary (KS2)
The beating heart of any educational establishment is learning. Learning can take place in many forms – academically, socially, spiritually, emotionally and physically. Our curriculum provides all our children to learn and develop in many ways. No-body can predict the nature of work and life opportunities that will be available to our children in the future. Indeed many of the jobs of the future do not even exist today. Our curriculum has a strong focus upon a skills based approach to prepare all children for the fast changing world in which they will be living in.
At Utopia International School we encourage active and co-operative learning. Learning is central to all we do. Not only do our staff have a responsibility to ensure that our children learn and develop but we also encourage our children to take responsibility for their own learning.
- The Oxford International Curriculum enables students to succeed by recognising that lasting success is contingent on both academic performance and emotional wellbeing. It has been designed to bring wellbeing to all teaching and learning and to develop global skills through all core subjects.
- The Oxford International Curriculum for Wellbeing supports the practice of healthy habits of body and mind to enhance the lives of teachers and learners, giving them skills they can apply in their lives today and in the future. This focus on wellbeing aims to promote good mental health to enhance students’ lives inside and outside of the classroom.
- The Oxford International Curriculum for Global Skills Projects combines project-based and interdisciplinary learning to develop thoughtful, innovative change-makers who are equipped with the skills to succeed in an ever-evolving world.
- Thematic units of age-appropriate fiction and non-fiction expose students to rich language texts from around the world, to develop core English skills
- Structured teaching frameworks, clear learning objectives and assessment criteria ensure confident delivery of all the core skills for first and second language learners
- Clear teaching scaffolding ensures effective progression for every student throughout the whole of primary
- Teacher Resource Books provide step-by-step guidance on delivery of the core skills effectively and consistently
- Workbooks provide language practice to support students’ skills development and offer a record of progress.